The client is one of the Australia’s largest seafood companies employing over 500 employees and have a proud 90 year history. The company operates at all levels of the supply chain from catching, to processing, manufacturing, importing, exporting, and wholesaling. It provides a complete supply chain solution. Their broad line food service range covers all food categories whether they are chilled, frozen or dry. It has been the nation’s leading processor of Western Rock Lobster for over 30 years.
I&A undertook a review of the businesses current state process and systems. I&A made recommendations regarding the client’s Future State pertaining to Transaction Processing, Data Analytics, Demand Planning, Management Reporting and Budgeting and Forecasting.
Challenges and Business Objectives
- JK was using multiple software platforms to perform daily operations. None of these were integrated.
- There was a basic accounting system in place which was complimented by manual data management and a dependency on excel. This resulted in time consuming and often complex data manipulation to produce any meaningful business insight. All management reporting, budgeting, and forecasting was undertaken using spreadsheets will no ability to drill down to detail.
- The business had no efficient means to combine data from multiple sources having to resort to Excel for this activity.
- The client was able to automate many of its manual processes and eliminated several systems which helped improve business efficiency.
- Reduced key man risk, manual data input and data cleansing by automating reporting processes.
- The Management of 7 companies and 400 assets was made simpler and easier.
- The Integration of all financial transactions and operational data has simplified timely access operational and financial data facilitating the development and regular update of more sophisticated and relevant KPIs.
- Embracing the world of BI both from a business improvement and staff development opportunity.