A unit of a Multinational Conglomerate, which a the time held $77 billion in assets and was a leading provider of credit services to consumers, retailers and auto dealers in 36 countries around the world.
Challenges and Business Objectives
- The business incorporated a significant number of entities (2561) and products (1,165) and needed an efficient means of allocating costs to these entity/product combinations to facilitate product profitability.
- All management reporting, budgeting and reforecasting was undertaken via a myriad of spreadsheets and in this environment, it was not possible to get down to the necessary level of detail the business required.
- Preparing all these various spreadsheets was time consuming with dependency on a number of key individuals for the delivery of these outcomes.
- Monthly Regional Consolidation across 11 Countries
- Product Profitability through a Cost Allocations engine that was developed in Essatto
- Monthly Management Reporting
- Quarterly Reforecasting
- Annual Budget Process