Based out of New South Wales, this Welding & Engineering company is a specialist aluminium manufacturer of high-performance aluminium boats and employs around 40+ staff.
A Centralised project/MRP management system incorporating a custom manufacturing and project interface for the costing and management of vessel builds where the core costing is derived by weight of aluminium.
Capturing of all costs including labour associate with vessel builds. I&A developed an Android time & attendance application where welders do not just log their time to jobs, they also use this to cost materials/consumables to projects as they draw from the stores department.
Inventory Management, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Projects, Timesheets, Lite Accounting
Challenges and Business Objectives
- The Purchasing Manager of this client approached I&A with the view to improve their operational and financial management systems.
- This client was using spreadsheets to fully manage the fabrication of a vessel including labour, aluminium, parts and sub-contracted services. This was found to be too manual and restricting the growth of the business.
- Additional requirements identified included the ability to generate statutory declaration reports to be signed by a JP as well as royalty payments to boat designers.
- This client also used a manual system of time tracking where welders would clock in and out and then an administrative staff member would manually assign to jobs.
- With greater management and visibility over processes the owners of the business is able to view the business as a whole from enquiries, to quotes, to work in progress, to testing, to delivery along with post delivery servicing and maintenance
- Faster and more accurate quoting
- Improved visibility over the vessel builds
- Ability to better manage client expectations and aspects such as job variations
- Reduced administration per build